Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

BOUNCE BACK! – Rejected stone to Corner stone/Pillar – Be Good and stay Good



Judges 11New International Version (NIV)

11 Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2 Gilead’s wife also bore him sons, and when they were grown up, they drove Jephthah away. “You are not going to get any inheritance in our family,” they said, “because you are the son of another woman.” 3 So Jephthah fled from his brothers and settled in the land of Tob, where a gang of scoundrels gathered around him and followed him.

4 Some time later, when the Ammonites were fighting against Israel, 5 the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. 6 “Come,” they said, “be our commander, so we can fight the Ammonites.”

7 Jephthah said to them, “Didn’t you hate me and drive me from my father’s house? Why do you come to me now, when you’re in trouble?”

8 The elders of Gilead said to him, “Nevertheless, we are turning to you now; come with us to fight the Ammonites, and you will be head over all of us who live in Gilead.”

9 Jephthah answered, “Suppose you take me back to fight the Ammonites and the Lord gives them to me—will I really be your head?”

10 The elders of Gilead replied, “The Lord is our witness; we will certainly do as you say.” 11 So Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them. And he repeated all his words before the Lord in Mizpah…

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands…

1.    Proverbs 24:16 For the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

2.    Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

3.    Michah 7:8 7But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. 8Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me… He will bring me out to the light, And I will see His righteousness.…

4.    Micah 4:10 Writhe in agony, Daughter Zion, like a woman in labor, for now you must leave the city to camp in the open field. You will go to Babylon; there you will be rescued. There the LORD will redeem you out of the hand of your enemies.

5.    Micah 7:10Then my enemy will see it and will be covered with shame, she who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God?" My eyes will see her downfall; even now she will be trampled underfoot like mire in the streets.

6.    2 Corinthians 4:9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

7.    Psalm 20:8 They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.

8.    Psalm 37:24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

9.    Proverbs 24:17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,


10.  Isaiah 9:2 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned

11.  Jeremiah 8:4 "Say to them, 'This is what the LORD says: "'When people fall down, do they not get up? When someone turns away, do they not return?


12.  Amos 9:11"In that day I will restore David's fallen shelter-- I will repair its broken walls and restore its ruins-- and will rebuild it as it used to be,

13.  Obadiah 1:12 You should not gloat over your brother in the day of his misfortune, nor rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their destruction, nor boast so much in the day of their trouble.

14.  Zechariah 12:8On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the LORD going before them.
15.  Matthew 4:16 the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."

16.  Ephesians 5:14 This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

17.  Psalm 102:16For the LORD will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory.

18.  Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

19.  Psalm 145:14 The Lord upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down.

20.  1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

21.  Exodus 12:1-51 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, “This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you. Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb according to their fathers' houses, a lamb for a household. And if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male a year old. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats, ...

22.  Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

23.  We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.  James Ch.3:2


24.  So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 1 Corinthians Ch.10:12

a.    I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, Luke Ch.15:18

                                          i.    The assurance is that if you go to God you will find all the fullness of love awaiting you there. Even the hindrance of failure can be turned into stepping stones of glory. The great man of faith Abraham failed in parts of his life (Genesis Ch.12-13) and yet this is what the Bible says in the New Testament:

                                         ii.    "You shall see Abraham... in the kingdom" Luke. 13:28


25.  How to avoid failure -
a.    “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” (Joshua 1:8).


b.    Do not give up! - if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them. Mark Ch.6:11.  "

c.    Don’t be discouraged: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua Ch.1:9.

d.    Help others - Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes Ch.4:9-10

e.    “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you” (Colossians 3:13).

f.     The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. Psalm 145:14

g.    Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. James Ch.4:10

h.    Confess to God - First admit your mistake to God. Tell Him what happened and share your feelings. God has promised us forgiveness and He will never turn you away when you come to Him.

i.      Be honest - You may feel the urge to conceal at least part of the truth. Don’t. Just come clean and be honest. Trust in God to honor that and know that He will never leave you or forsake you, no matter what you’ve done. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16).

j.      Take responsibility - Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.’ And you forgave the guilt of my sin” (Psalm 32:5).


k.    Apologize - Be honest about what you did and apologize. You can do it in a meeting, or send them all a letter or email. People may get angry with you and may not easily forgive you.

l.      Learn from your mistakes - Do what you need to do to make sure you will never make this mistake again.

m.   Forgive yourself - Jonah, Moses, David, Samson…God hasn’t changed and neither has His love and forgiveness.

No comments: