Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.

Thursday 15th September 2011

Jesus Christ: “He is before all things and in Him all things hold together”. (Colossians 1 v17)



  • Jesus is God
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1 1-3

3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Heb 1 v3



  • He is before all things (Col 1 v 17)
    58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8 v 58)
    5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. John 17 v5
    13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.


  • And in Him all things hold together
    Heb 1:3,

    28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.(Acts 17:28)


  • The World was made through Him (Col 1 v 16)
    John 1 v3,
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Cor 8 v 6
    2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. Heb 1 v 2


  • What is our response?
A responsibility to worship
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. Rev 1:17


A responsibility to Obey
Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 15:19 b

No comments: